About P1,P2,Full Licence

Driving Lessons Melbourne 

A car probationary licence allows you to drive a car solo on the road. The probationary licence is valid for 3 or 4 years or until you obtain a full driver licence.How old must I be to get a probationary licence?You must be at least 18 years of age and a Victorian resident to be eligible to apply for a probationary licence. You will need to pass a Hazard Perception Test and Drive Test at a VicRoads Customer Service CentreLearner permit holding period requirements and supervised driving experienceThere are different requirements you must meet before applying for a probationary licence, depending on your age and when you obtained your learner permit:

Learn to drive Manual Automatic lessons (Book now)

  • if you are under the age of 21 , you must have held your learner permit for at least twelve months in the period immediately before applying for a licence and completed a minimum of 120 hours (including at least 10 hours at night) of driving with an experienced driver. You must have recorded these hours in an official Learner Log Book signed by you and your supervising experienced driver.
  • if you are 21 years of age or over, or obtained your learner permit before 1 July 2007 , you will not be required to complete 120 hours of supervised driving or submit an official Learner Log Book
  • if you are over 21 years of age but under 25 years of age , you must have held your learner permit for at least six months in the period immediately before applying for a licence.
  • if you are 25 years of age or over you must have held your learner permit for at least three months in the period immediately before applying for a licence.
  • Driving Lessons instantly booking VANN driving school (Book now)

At any age, it is important that you get as much driving experience as possible, 120 hours at least, so that you become a safer driver, before you apply for your probationary licence.These requirements apply unless you have been granted an exemption from the learner permit minimum holding period with other conditions.Make, transfer or cancel appointments for your testsYou can make, transfer or cancel an appointment:
  • online(pay by Visa or Mastercard)
  • by calling VicRoads on 13 11 71 (Mon-Fri 8.30am – 5pm, Sat 8.30am – 2pm) (pay by Visa or Mastercard)
  • by visiting a VicRoads Customer Service Centre (pay by cash, cheque, EFTPOS or credit card
Only the appointment holder can change their appointment . If you want to change your appointment you will need to pay another appointment fee. The test fee can be transferred to a new time (or refunded if the test is cancelled) if at least 24 hours notice is given. Failure to provide at least 24 hours notice will result in you forfeiting your appointment and test fees.FeesPlease refer to driver licence and learner permit fees for the information on the following fees:
  • Appointment
  • Hazard Perception Test
  • Practical Drive Test
  • Driver licence card — 3 years (if you are placed on a P2 Probationary licence) otherwise you will be issued with a 4 year probationary licence
There are no concessions available for appointment, test or learner permit fees.Evidence of identityOn the day of your test you need to bring your current car learner permit as evidence of identity. If your car learner permit card is unavailable you need to bring original evidence of identity documents.You must provide:
  • one primary evidence document (e.g. Australian birth certificate or passport)
  • one secondary evidence document (e.g. Medicare card, credit/account card, student identity card, bank statement)
  • evidence of residence (if not indicated in the primary or secondary documents)
One of these documents must have your signature on it.If you do not have the appropriate evidence of identity documents, you will be unable to sit the test and forfeit your appointment and test fees.Medical conditionsYou will need to complete the relevant medical forms if you have a particular medical condition or take prescribed medication that may affect your ability to drive safely.You must provide a medical report and get clearance from VicRoads Medical Review before you can be issued with a licence. If you are not sure whether you need to supply a medical report please call VicRoads Medical Review on 9854 2407.Hazard Perception TestThe Hazard Perception Test checks that you can recognise and react to various traffic hazards such as other vehicles, pedestrians and cyclists.To attempt the hazard perception test, you must be at least 17 years and 11 months of age. The test results are valid for 12 months. You must do this test before you attempt the Drive Test. If you don’t pay for your licence within 12 months of passing, you will have to sit the test again.Drive TestThe Drive Test helps identify drivers who are ready to drive safely on their own. It checks that you can drive safely and efficiently with other traffic. You must be able to control the car smoothly, obey the road rules and co — operate with other road users.

Driving school VANN Melbourne will help you pass the driving test